Comparative Effectiveness, Value-Based Medicine® and Pharmaceutical Valuation
1. Brown MM, Brown GC, Sharma S. Evidence-based to Value-based Medicine, Chicago, AMA (American Medical Association) Press, 2005, pp 1-324.
2. Brown MM, Brown GC. Combine “the compassion of medicine with that fiscal responsibility the American public expects”. Am Med News 1999; 42:35-36.
3. Brown GC, Brown MM. Conventional medicine. Phila Inquirer, January 24, 1999, p E6.
4. Brown MM, Brown GC. Health care—could be our best bargain after all. Evidence-Based Eye Care 2000;1(4):198-199.
5. Brown MM, Brown GC. Regulations must be cost-effective. The Record, Sunday, December 24, 2000, pA22.
6. Brown GC, Brown MM, Sharma S. Cost-effective analysis and ocular disease. JAMA 2000;284(4):428.
7. Brown GC, Brown MM, Sharma S. Analysis of costs. Arch Ophthalmol 2000;118:444.
8. Brown GC, Brown MM, Sharma S. Cost-utility analysis. Ann Int Med 2001;134:625-626.
9. Brown MM, Brown GC. Will Disruptive Innovations Cure Health Care? Harvard Business Review 2001:79(2):151.
10. Brown MM, Brown GC, Sharma S. Value-based medicine. Evidence-Based Eye Care 2002;3(1):8-9.
11. Brown MM, Brown GC. Outcome of corneal transplantation. Value-based health care. Br J Ophthalmol 2002;86:2-3.
12. Brown MM, Brown GC, Sharma S. Value-based medicine. A paradigm for the 21st century. In Quillen DA (ed) Current Concepts in Ophthalmology Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology 2002;10:7-11.
13. Brown GC, Brown MM, Sharma S. Value-based medicine: evidence-based medicine and beyond. Ocul Immunol Inflamm 2003;11:157-170.
14. Brown MM, Brown GC, Sharma S, Landy J. Health care economic analyses and value-based medicine. Surv Ophthalmol 2003;48:204-223.
15. Busbee B, Brown GC, Brown MM. Cost-effectiveness of ocular interventions. Curr Opin Ophthalmol 2003;14:132-138.
16. Busbee BG, Brown GC, Brown MM. Value-based medicine: a new paradigm to evaluate treatments for vitreoretinal diseases and other medical interventions. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2004 Fall;44(4):155-72.
17. Brown MM, Brown GC, Sharma S. Value-based medicine and vitreoretinal diseases. Curr Opin Ophthalmol 2004;15:167-172.
18. Brown GC, Brown MM. Healthcare economic analyses. Evidence-based medicine and beyond. RETINA 2004;24:139-146.
19. Brown GC, Brown MM, Sharma S, Brown H, Smithen L, Leeser D, Beauchamp G. Value-based medicine and ophthalmology. An appraisal of cost-utility analyses. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 2004;102:177-185.
20. Brown GC. One eye versus two. A value-based approach. Curr Opin Ophthalmol 2004;15:165-166.
21. Brown MM, Brown GC. Value-based medicine. The clear case for quality standards. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology 2005;6:181-182.
22. Brown MM, Brown GC. How to interpret a healthcare economic analysis. Curr Opin Ophthalmol 2005;16:191-194.
23. Brown MM, Brown GC, Sharma S, Roth Z, Campanella J, Beauchamp G. The burden of age-related macular degeneration. A value-based analysis. Curr Opin Ophthalmol 2006;17:257-266.
24. Brown MM, Brown GC. The Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and value-based medicine: A union whose time has come. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology 2006;7:8-9.
25. Brown MM, Brown GC, Sharma S. Value-Based Medicine. A paradigm for quality pharmaceutical care. Drug Benefit Trends 2006;18:285-289.
26. Altersitz K. Interview with Gary C. Brown, MD, MBA. System of value-based medicine demands physician support. standardized approach to evaluating various ophthalmologic treatments demonstrates their inherent value to long-term quality of life.” Ocular Surgery News 208;26:3-4.Natalone R. AMD Treatment Trends Call Attention to Cost/Benefit Considerations. Retinal Physician, Jan/Feb, 2006, p 53-57.
27. Brown GC, Brown MM, Brown H, Kindermann S, Sharma S. The goal of value-based medicine analyses: comparability. The case for neovascular macular degeneration. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 2007;105:160-9.
28. Brown MM, Brown GC. Value-based medicine and pharmacoeconomics. In Nguyen QD, Rodrigues EB, Farah ME and Mieler VF. Retinal Pharmacotherapy, New York, Elsevier, 2008, Chapter 55.
29. Brown MM, Brown GC. Comparative effectiveness and translational medicine. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology 2008;9:11-13.
30. Brown MM, Brown GC, Kertes, P. Value-based medicine analysis. Cost-utility standards. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology 2008;9:136-141.
31. Brown GC, Brown MM, Kertes P. Value-based medicine, Cost-utility analysis Direct versus societal costs. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology 2008;9:63-69.
32. Brown GC, Brown MM, Kertes P. Comparative effectiveness. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology, 2009;10:133-134.
33. Brown GC. Expensive Cures Vs. More Expensive Lifetime Treatment. The $84,000 cost of Sovaldi makes the $580,000 cost of each liver transplant unnecessary. Wall St Journal, Aug 3, 2014.
34. Brown GC, Brown MM. Value-based medicine and pharmacoeconomics. In Nguyen DQ, Do D, Farah ME, Mieler WF, Rodrigues EB (eds): Retinal Pharmacotherapeutics.\Dev Ophthalmol. Basel, Karger, 2015, vol 55, pp 204–213 ( DOI: 10.1159/000431205 ) In Nguyen QD, Rodrigues EB, Farah ME and Mieler VF. Retinal Pharmacotherapy, Second Edition (in press).